Good morning ladies! Sorry, I’ve been a bit MIA after that whole, “When God Is Silent” series, but I’m back and rarin’ to go! How ’bout you? (I really enjoyed the conversation we had going throught that series and please know that I’m still praying for you girls who seem to be walking in a season of silence!)
Today, I’m going to talk a bit about seasons and then I’m going to leave you with 5 verses you can put in the backpack of your children’s heart before they go back to school. They’re entering a new season too!
Time never stands still, does it? Ecclesiastes 3:1 tells us,
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.”
Yesterday, while I was making my way through the grocery store, I noticed the school supplies were stacked oh-so-conspicuosly on the shelves. All I could think was, “Really? Is it really almost Fall?”
The day before I had just told my husband the air was cooler and if felt like fall was on the way.
I should have known it was coming. It happens every year! But I never seem to be ready. I haven’t even enjoyed the summer yet and it’s already time for a new season to begin. It’s already time for the kiddos to go back to school.
Oh, how I miss those school days! I had a hard time when that season of my life changed too.
I had homeschooled my children for 11 years. ELEVEN YEARS! And then it was over. Just like that.
No more curriculum fairs, used books sales, planning curriculum for the year, heading up the co-op and most importantly – no more sitting side-by-side with my boys, basking in those irriplaceable moments together.
No more, “Back to School” days for me!
Then I realized that I was entering a new school. A school in which I had to learn how to let go of one season of my life in order to fully take hold of the next.
It wasn’t easy. It wasn’t fun. (And you girls know how I love to make everything fun!). But it was necessary, because it was where I was.
Today, I’m not sure where you are in your journey – what season of life you find yourself in – but this I know… God’s plan for you has not changed because your circumstances have…in fact where you are now is part of the journey to becoming who your were created to be!
But you have to fully let go of one season of your life before you can completely take hold of the next! Don’t miss what God has ahead for you because you’re focusing on the rearview mirror of your life!
Like a trapieze artist – take hold of the next rope and begin to soar! You can do it, my friend. Just let go and fly!
I can’t wait to hear about where the wind of God takes you, sweet friend!
Now, here are 5 verses to help prepare your children for their own new season of life!
1. Equipping them with the knowledge of God’s abiding presence and help: Isaiah 41:10 – “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
2. Teaching them how to avoid unsavory friendships: Proverbs 29:19 – “Putting confidence in an unreliable person in times of trouble is like chewing with a broken tooth or walking on a lame foot.”
3. Teaching them to submit to authority: Romans 13:1 – “Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.”
4. Teaching them to be trustworthy – people of integrity: Proverbs 13:6 – “Righteousness guards the person of integrity, but wickedness overthrows the sinner.”
5. Teaching them to be diligent in their school work: Proverbs 12:24 – “The hand of the diligent will rule, But the lazy man will be put to forced labor.”
I know there are a plethora of other verses that our children need to be armed with, but I hope these get you started.
Don’t let the school year slip up on you and get so busy packing their backpacks that you forget to pack their hearts first! This is a new season for them too!
Are you in a new season? Are you helping your children prepare to fully take hold of their own new season? What verses are you arming your children and yourself with to be ready for the changes that are about to take place?