|Beautiful Photo Compliments of Sandra Heska King|
Did you know hummingbirds are found as far north as Alaska and as far south as Chili? While most species live and thrive in South America there are a large number of hummingbirds that have adapted to different environments.
Have you ever noticed some people move to different churches, different states and different countries in direct obedience to God’s call on their lives while others stay in the same church, in the same city, in the same neighborhood all their lives.
Sometimes we have to leave where we are to do what God is calling us to do. Other times, we are to stay where we are and fulfill God’s will there. Neither is the wrong thing to do when we know it is Jesus who is calling.
So…we’re to bloom where we are planted or go to where we will bloom. Either way, we are to bloom!
Psalms 37:23 tells us in the Amplified,
“The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step] ”
We may wish we were flying in a comfortable, made for hummingbirds, kind of circumstance. Perhaps we think we’d flourish better in a more natural environment – much like South America is for the hummingbird.
But God plants you where He wants you until He’s ready to move you somewhere else. It’s a hard lesson for those of us who feel called to something different than where we are. The calling may be real, but the timing is up to God.
Our job is to flourish where we are and trust that it is God who orders our steps.
Let’s Get Personal…
1. Do you feel like God is calling you to do something beyond your current environment?
2. Are you missing what He has for you to do now because you’re looking for those flourish fields of flowers in a distant place?
3. Are you flourishing where you are now?
4. What, if anything, has God called you to that is beyond where you are now?
5. How can you make a difference where you are now?
1. Write out the steps God placed you on to lead you to where you are now and then thank Him for every faithful and directive step of the way.
2. Explain where you think God is calling you to now. Then trust Him to lead you as faithfully as He promises to do just that.
“And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” Philippians 1:6 (Amp)
By the way, Sandra Heska King provided the B-eautiful pic. I’m not sure, but I think she took this from her back yard! Sweet! You can check out her blog at http://sandraheskaking.com/