If you’ve ever seen something so disturbing that it sends you on a rant, you’ll understand this video. Sometimes, things just hurt your heart to the extent that you can’t be silent and the foolishness of what is going on in this country has brought me to this rant.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click here.
I have a confession. For years I’ve teetered between adding my voice to the political and social issues of the day and staying solely focused on teaching God’s Word and making Jesus known. The thing is that, even though I didn’t get saved until I was 24, I grew up being told that Christians don’t mix politics with religion.
But as I look around at what is going on in our country – at the blatant anti-Christian hostility that’s permeating this country’s culture – the moral bankruptcy that has gained far too much ground in this generation – the lack of common sense and common decency, the lack of respect for life and authority, and the sweeping embrace of what Scripture calls sin – I couldn’t help but wonder if our years of silence was actually the enemy’s ploy to silence God’s people and prevent us from being a godly influence in this next generation,
All we have to do is look around.
The world has gone crazy and innocent lives are being lost in the crossfire – and I don’t know about you, but I can no longer be silent.
You see, we turned our back on God in the 60’s and this nation has quickly unravelled ever since. We can’t turn our back on God and then wonder where He is.
This nation has created a toxic culture of death through the its legalization of abortion and over 60 million babies have been killed in the womb since Roe vs Wade.
The value of human life has shifted to a place where it’s almost non-existent and broken families, Hollywood’s sensationalization of sin, sex, death, and horror, along with game creators who develop death-based games for children, have magnified and fueled the next generation’s value of life and respect for authority.
A Brief Look at Why We Need to Repent and Why We Need Revival
Let me share with you just a few facts about where we are as a nation and why we can no longer remains silent and why this nation is desperate for revival.
These are things that join the ranks of the fight over Christmas, the removal of a park bench because it has a cross on it, and the allowance of men in women’s bathrooms because they say the identify themselves as a woman.
- In 2011, two men were arrested for reading their Bibles outside of the Department of Motor Vehicles. The charges were dropped in 2015, but they had to fight it in court for 3 years. Seriously! That actually happened in our country.
- Just a week ago, Joy Behr from The View, called those who hear Jesus speak to them crazy as she was supported by her cohosts and applauded by the crowd.
- In 2013, an Airforce veteran faced court-martial because he opposed gay marriage.
- In 2013, an agnostic professor at a Florida university demanded that students write Jesus’ name on a piece of paper and then stomp on it.
- In 2013, a Florida ministry that feeds the poor were told by an official from the state agriculture department that they couldn’t receive USDA food unless they removed pictures of Christ, the Ten Commandments, and a banner that read Jesus is Lord. They were also told they had to quit giving out Bibles to those who came for help.
- In 2016, a military prayer breakfast whose speaker was highly decorated retired Delta Force Lt. General Jerry Boykin was cancelled because Boykin was a Christian who held traditional values and had voiced his support for natural marriage and his opposition to Islamic extremism. (The atheist critic behind the cancellation had complained that Boykin as a “homophobic, Islamophobic, fundamentalist Christian extremist.”)
- In 2013, the United States Agency for Internal Development (USAID), an official foreign policy agency of the U.S. government, began a program to train homosexual activists in various countries around the world to overturn traditional marriage and anti-sodomy laws, targeting first those countries with strong Catholic influences, including Ecuador, Honduras, and Guatemala
- In 2016, at the orders of a commander, a 33-year Air Force veteran was forcibly and physically removed by four other airmen because he attempted to use the word “God” in a retirement speech.
- In 2016, after a complaint was received, a Bible was removed from a display inside a Veterans Clinic.
- In 2013, a substitute teacher in New Jersey was suspended for quoting Matthew 20:16, “the last shall be first” and then showing a student the New Testament.
- In 2015, a coach was placed on leave for saying a prayer on the field at the end of a game.
- In 2015, an Atlanta fire chief was fired for self-publishing a book that defend Christian morals.
- In 2015, a Marine was court marshaled for pasting a Bible verse on her desk.
- There have been multiple targeted attacks on Christian colleges, homeschooling, Christian groups in colleges, crisis pregnancy centers, religious hospitals, and all Christian owned companies.
- In 2016, a Knoxville newspaper rejected an add over the word “Christian” citing it was offensive.
- In February 2018, the ACLJ filed briefs to defend our nations’s motto “In God We Trust” from an attempt by a self-prescribed satanist who has filed a lawsuit in Chicago to have it removed.
- Currently, the ACLJ is defending the Chaplain Flag, the Cross, and Christians who serve our nation from the anti-Christian group called Military Religious Freedom Foundation who call the Christians “monsters who terrorize” and the Cross “evil.”
- In 2016, cheerleaders were banned from painting scripture verses on cheer banners. In 2017, First Liberty fought and won the case to allow them to continue.
- In 2017, a church was told it could not share flyers at a community event because they were too religious. That case is currently being fought by First Liberty.
- In 2013, a woman was told that she must stop praying in her home. First Liberty is still fight for her right to pray in her home.
- In 2015, actress Jennifer Lawrence said about Christians who stand on biblical convictions, “all those people holding their crucifixes, which may as well be pitchforks, thinking they’re fighting the good fight. I grew up in Kentucky. I know how they are.”
- Recently, comedian Sarah Silverman mocked pro-life laws and joked about abortion.
- In 2005, a group of Christian dancers were barred from participating in a local event because they had t-shirts that read, “Jesus Christ Dancers.”
- Schools and Universities across the country invite socialists, atheists, drag queens, homosexual activists, sex carnivals, and a host of other morally depraved and socially irresponsible speakers but the won’t allow a creationist or conservative to speak there.
There are a host of other examples. These are literally a drop in the bucket compared to the vast array of attacks Christians and Christianity are facing today.
The next generation hangs in the balance of whether we will continue to be lulled into believing our silence is essential to our faith or we will speak up and speak out in order to be a voice for those who can’t or won’t speak for themselves.
- Our children’s freedom is at risk.
- Our children’s safety is at risk.
- Our children’s futures are at risk.
What we need is what every country in crisis needs. Revival.
And every revival starts with two key things: PRAYER and REPENTANCE.
Revivals, by their very nature, signify that something is dead or dormant.
D.M. Panton once said, “Revivals usually occur after a prolonged spiritual and moral decline.”
We, God’s people, must open our eyes above our own little worlds and begin to really see the condition of this nation.
We have to care enough that we are moved from casual and convenient Christianity and we begin to sincerely repent of our sins and seek God’s face.
Scripture tells us in Psalm 33:12, “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD.”
People are still subject to God even if they don’t believe they are. Nations are still ruled by God even if they reject Him. When a nation chooses to submit itself to God and His Word, that nation is blessed. On the other hand, if a nation refuses to embrace God and His Word, the blessings of God are no longer on that nation.
And while 2 Chronicles 7:14 is a direct promise to Israel, it is a promise we can cling to as His children as well.
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14
The Answer Is Simply Hard
- The answer is simple yet hard.
- It’s a call to get things right.
- To repent. To get uncomfortable.
- To get out of your comfort zone.
- To be a voice.
- To gather with believers and pray earnestly for your community and this nation.
- To get involved in the social and political decisions.
- To make yourself be informed and engaged.
- To seriously consider the state of our union and what we are handing down to the next generation.
It’s a call to intercession, repentance, and a real genuine Christianity that doesn’t point fingers but points people to Jesus.
Because Jesus is the only answer for the problems that we face.
How Will You Answer to the Following Questions?
- Will you gather with believers and pray for your community and this country each week?
- Will you personally repent from your sins and seek to live a holy life that honors God?
- Will you repent and pray for the nation that has lost its way and forsake the very God who has blessed it so abundantly?
- Will you equip yourself to share the Gospel with your neighbors and those you encounter daily?
- Will you care enough to do something or will you allow the next generation to suffer the loss of the freedoms we enjoyed because it was just too hard to do something?