If you can’t view the video in your reader, please click this link.
Today I had a radio interview. It’s actually the first one I’ve done in a long time, so I was pretty nervous because telephone interviews are almost always awkward.
But I got to share about one of my upcoming speaking engagements where I get to share 2 messages on my Equipped study, Tough Questions.
Those of you who know me know I’m pretty passionate about God’s Word. Teaching about Scripture makes my heart smile and my mind race with the potential of each believer who is grounded in the Word of God.
As I meet with women around the country, what I’ve found is that everyone is going through something. Every woman I meet has a story and is in need of seeing God move in her life.
And every need of the human heart has its answer in the Word of God.
That’s why I’m passionate about the Word of God.
- If we want help for our marriage, we need to read the Word.
- If we need direction for a decision, we need to read the Word.
- If we need wisdom for our parenting journey, we need to read the Word.
- If we battle fear or rejection or need hope and healing, we need to read the Word.
God’s Word is Truth because the Author of Scripture is the only One who can define Truth by His very existence.
Not one Word in God’s Word is there by mistake. It was intentionally placed there by God.
Our job is to find out what He is saying to us and how we can apply it to our lives. In His Word we get to know Him. And in knowing Him, we get to see a true reflection of who we are apart from Him and how much we need Him, and who He makes us when we come to know Christ.
When we become Christians, we don’t begin preparing for battle that’s to come, we’re in the middle of a battle every day. And our only offensive weapon is the Word of God.
It’s God’s Word that makes us battle ready… so we need to be brave and suit up to stand strong, and to know and share the truth in a culture that is bombarding us with lies.
There’s too much at stake not to. I don’t want to be a woman who stands by and watches the faith of the next generation slip through the cracks on my watch.
Here are some statistics that might help you become more aware of the reality we are facing today…
75% of Americans call themselves Christians, yet a recent LifeWay survey found:
- 52% of Christians believe our works earn our way to heaven
- Only 58% believe God is the author of the Bible
- 51% believe the Bible was written so we could interpret it however we want
- Only 50% believe the Bible has the authority to tell us what to do.
- A Barna poll indicated that at least 12 percent of adults believe that Joan of Arc was Noah’s wife. Another survey of graduating high school seniors revealed that over 50% thought that Sodom and Gomorrah were husband and wife.
Our culture is in social, political, moral, and spiritual crisis and the answer to every issue we face from salvation to immigration is found in God’s Word.
The problem is the vast majority of Christians don’t know what God’s Word says about basic doctrine, much less the hot button topics we’re inundated with today.
So, today, I’m sharing a video that includes 3 ways we can become Word-strong, battle-ready women!
- Contact is Key – Know the context… Author, audience, context, historical backdrop, and cultural settings. By the way, be sure not to try to attach modern cultural concepts to ancient cultural realities.
- Original -language – The Strongs Concordance is your best resource for discovering the meaning of a word.
- Precept-upon-Precept – One principle of Hermeneutics is Scripture is the best commentary for Scripture.
I hope this helps you be Word-strong and battle ready and equips you to study your Bible better. There’s treasure in each word of the Word because it is gifted to us by the One who spoke this world into being and holds our life in His hands.
Go grab you some nuggets sweet friend!