This is it, sweet friends! We’re going to do this thing together and you know that little excites me more than women in the Word together!
Before we dig into our first lesson, would you please take a few minutes and read through the introduction?
Okay. I really wanted you to read it because it sets the stage for our next 10 lessons. Becoming You is not about writing your own story. It’s about looking at our lives through the lens of God’s plan for us and then letting Him write our stories for us.
I’ve wanted to do a lot of things through the years. I wanted to be a teacher, a nurse, a doctor, a professional organizer (Lord help us all!), an advertising executive, a missionary, a homeschool mom, a stay at home mom, a business owner, a speaker, a Bible teacher and a myriad of other aspirations.
Like trying on shoes…some of them were a fit; some of them didn’t work and some of them I never even attempted to try on.
Our hearts often pull us in directions that our feet should never go. We forget that not every open door is ours to walk through and we forge full steam ahead without spending time in prayer. Many a day is wasted heading in the wrong direction all because we did not seek our Father’s face first.
However, the other side of the equation is equally true. We often fail to take positive steps in our own destinies because we are either too distracted, defeated or intimidated to begin the journey.
We don’t take the time to examine where we are or the necessary steps it will take to get to where we are going. We allow past failures, future fears or the enemy’s lies to define and defeat us. And sometimes we are so intimidated by a call to something bigger than ourselves that we are afraid to ever begin the journey in the first place.
If you are receiving this through your email or through a RSS feed, you may need to click this link to see the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3bzIsKLQFPs
- Your desire to do so many things, you aren’t sure whether they are God’s will or just your own desires?
- Feeling like every open door is yours to walk through?
- Being so distracted by the dailies of life that you’re allowing your life to slip by without fulfilling your purpose?
- Never understanding your true identity in Christ and being defeated by the lies you’ve allowed to wrongly define you?
- Being intimidated by a call to something bigger than yourself and one that you know will require a lot of time, energy and prayer?