WHAT IT MEANS…
http://catherinecrouch.com/slaves-of-the-saints/ Amen is not just something you say, http://sjfiremuseum.org/doc.php it is who the Lord is.
In Revelation 3:14, the Lord addresses the church of the Laodiceans unveiling Himself as the Amen. He, then, goes on to intentionally add the name, “the Faithful and True Witness...”
His name Amen equates to His nature as Faithful and True – meaning whatever He says is true and He is faithful to fulfill His Word because it is in complete alignment with the very will of God.
To say that Jesus is the Amen means that what He says He will do. In 2 Corinthians 1:20, Paul writes, “For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”
Jesus puts the period of truth at the end of each promise He has made.
Jesus not only affirms His those promises to be as good as done – He IS the affirmation of what He says.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
We know… and we understand that God’s will will never contradict God’s Word. That’s why we live and pray according to His Word and not our whims.
But maybe, like me, you know what you have been praying for lines up with the will of God because you’ve confirmed it with His Word. But you’ve prayed it for so long that doubt started to creep in.
Where is He? Why won’t He answer your cry for help if the help you seek is something He has promised in His Word?
Every promise in Christ is yes and amen because Jesus exists as the living Amen.
I don’t always know what God in His response to my pleas. I don’t always understand how God is going to align all the details of the answer with His perfect will.
But I do know that God’s silence does not mean He is inactive. He is always working behind the scenes of my life for my good and for His glory. I may not know how it’s all going to shake out, but I know He’s doing the shaking and I can trust that if He said it, He will do it.
He puts the period of truth on the promises He makes and because He IS the Amen, I know that every promise in Him is yes and amen.
Whatever you’re seeking Him for today, scour over the pages of Scripture. Be sure what you are asking for is in accordance to His Word. And then wait expectantly for His answer to come in His perfect time and in His perfect way.
It will ~ because He is the Amen to your prayers.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is. The Amen… the One who puts the period of truth at the end of every promise He has made and you can trust Him.
- Thank Him for being The Amen, knowing you can trust Him to know what is best for you and is there for you no matter what you go through.
- Repent of any disobedience to The Amen.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing Amen and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE…
In Isaiah 65:16, Isaiah used a Hebrew name for God that also included amen as part of His name. We read The God of Truth, however, in the original language, it reads ‘elohiym amen.
In Old Testament Hebrew, the word ’amen means to confirm, establish, or support something. The New Testament meaning of the same word expresses the same meaning. In fact, much like the word hallelujah, amen is used universally to mean the same thing.
The word, Amen is used a little over 100 times throughout the Word of God.
- Only once do we find it as a direct name for Jesus. (Revelation 3:14)
- Only twice do we find it as a name for God in the Old Testament and both times are found in Isaiah 65:16. Each time they are rendered as the word “Truth” in English.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about The Amen before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!