WHAT ANCHOR MEANS…
Anchor is agkyra in the Greek and is defined as a stay, steadfast, a safeguard.
An anchor has two or more flukes (or teeth) that fasten to the bottom of the water to prevent a boat from drifting with the current.
Jesus is our stay, our steadfast, our safeguard.
Jesus is the Anchor of our salvation as well as the Anchor in our circumstances.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Caught in the current and very quickly heading for the rocks, we knew we were in danger. The wind and the waves were whirling us around leaving us without any means to control what was happening.
We felt helpless and hopeless, knowing that at any moment we could be flung from the safety of our little boat. So we held on tight, not knowing how it would end.
Somehow, my husband made his way to the back of the boat. As the sea jostled him around, he was able to grab ahold of the rope and fling the anchor overboard.
Almost immediately, we felt a yank. The anchor had taken hold and while we still got tossed around through the storm, we were no longer in danger of slamming into the rocks.
The anchor held, steadied us in the middle of that raging seas, and we were safe.
Life has a way of sending storms our way. It’s easy to get caught up in the. wind and the waves of our circumstances and feel helpless and hopeless.
We can try to ride out the storm on our own ~ or we can depend on the Anchor to do what an anchor does… Keep us steady and safe until the storm passes.
We may get battered by storm, but we can rest in the truth that our Anchor holds.
Today, you may be battered by the circumstances of your life. Jesus is your Anchor. Trust Him to keep you steady and secure until the storm passes by.
Let your Anchor steady you now.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM AS OUR ANCHOR…
- Praise Him for who He is. Our Anchor who stills the storms and steadies us while we’re in them.
- Thank Him for being your Anchor. As a Christian, you are anchored in Christ and eternally His.
- Repent of any disobedience to, or neglect or disregard of Jesus being your Anchor. Those times when you didn’t turn to Him to be your Anchor or doubted that He was.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Anchor and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT GOD AS OUR ANCHOR…
Read through the passages here that are related to what it means that Jesus is our Anchor, and discover the importance of that specific name.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Anchor before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!