“Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling,
consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus”
WHAT IT MEANS…
http://circleplastics.co.uk/2017/09/26/three-key-trends-that-will-define-the-future-of-wind-industry-2 Apostle means order generic neurontin messenger, delegate, one that is sent forth with orders.
It’s a title given to Jesus indicating that He was sent by God to reveal the Father.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
- What if He never came?
- What if He never showed up with the message of forgiveness and hope?
- What if He never came to not only deliver the message of peace also to be our Peace?
We would be without hope.
We would be, as Paul utters in 1 Corinthians 15:19, of all men most pitiable.
It’s far too easy to let life consume our thoughts, our emotions, and our energy. But the Apostle came to deliver the message that He offers abundant life on this earth and eternal life with Him.
Jesus revealed the love of the Father by ultimately dying on the cross to pay for our sins.
Let Christ and the message He came to give be what consumes you.
Don’t allow the temporal circumstances of your life cloud your view of the eternal reality of your relationship with God.
He came, not only to deliver the message of eternal life, but to BE the message of eternal life.
Settle your hearts and minds, sweet friend. The Apostle brought you and me a message that changes everything.
Let that be the meditation of your heart today. Not the cares of the world but the reality of His promise.
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.
In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer,
I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
By the way, sweet friend… the message the Apostle brings will not have an effect on your life unless you’re willing to listen and respond to it.
Have you responded to The Apostle’s message of forgiveness, peace, hope, and salvation yet?
If not, you can today. Simply give your life to the One who gave His life for you.
“For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:9-10, 13
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is. The Apostle – the One who came, delivered the message that He alone could deliver and became the fulfillment of that message through His death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead.
- Thank Him for being your Apostle.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to the Apostle. If you have disregarded Him and His message… or maybe have taken Him and His for granted, it’s time to confess and repent.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Apostle and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE…
Gain more insight by looking up that information on what Apostle means and the various ways it is used at blueletterbible.org.
Look up Hebrew 3:1 in various translations to get a better understanding of this amazing title of Jesus.
Read the following article that gives more understanding about Jesus as our Apostle.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Anchor before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!