“And I will give him the Morning Star“
WHAT IT MEANS…
Jesus as the Bright and Morning Star is the fulfillment of Numbers 24:17.
“I see Him, but not now; I behold Him, but not near;
A Star shall come out of Jacob; a Scepter shall rise out of Israel,
And batter the brow of Moab, and destroy all the sons of tumult.”
The Morning Star was the brightest star seen in the sky right before daylight. It’s the indication that a new day is coming.
It represents light, and hope, and new beginnings. Jesus is the Light of the world. He is our hope. And He alone can be the author of new beginnings in our lives.
As the Bright and Morning Star, Jesus is brighter than any other light.
NOTE: I’ve provided more in depth information to help you dive deeper into this amazing name of God. I highly recommend that you scroll down to the “HOW TO KNOW MORE” section below and do some digging. It will be well worth your time!!!
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
It was so dark, we couldn’t even see our hands in front of our faces. Groping aimlessly through the air in search of a wall…or something that would give us some sort of stability. But there was nothing. Just empty, harsh, scary, and penetrating blackness that we thought would never end.
The electricity had been out for what seemed like a life-time, but it had only been minutes. We were desperate for light to appear and dispel the darkness.
Finally the light appeared, and immediately, everything changed. Even us.
We live in a world full of darkness and despair. Our circumstances often feel like they’re going to last a lifetime. We grope the air searching for something that will steady our hearts.
But nothing changes until the light shows up. And when it does, everything changes. Even us.
I don’t know what you’re going through today, but the Bright and Morning Star is the only One who can shine light on those dark and hard-to-reach places of your life.
Hope is on the way. A new beginning comes like the morning. The light you need to dispel your darkness is coming with the break of day.
The Bright and Morning Star overcomes the darkness every. single. time.
Sweat friend… hang on and look for the Light. The Bright and Morning Star is on the way.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is. The Bright and Morning Star. The One who dissipates the darkness, gives us hope, and offers us a new beginning. Morning by morning His mercies are new.
- Thank Him for being the Bright and Morning Star who has shown up in your life time and time again, giving you hope, a new beginning, and replaced the darkness of your life with Light. Every. Single. Time.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of the Bright and Morning Star.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Bright and Morning Star and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE…
Jesus created the light…Genesis 1:3, John 1:10, Colossians 1:15-16
Jesus IS the Light of the world… Isaiah 42:6, John 1:4, John 1:7-9, John 1:78, John 3:19, John 8:12, John 12:35-36, John 12:46, 2 Corinthians 4:6
- Visit biblestudytools.com and read the article that provides more informationain about this powerful and interesting name, Bright and Morning Star.
- Visit Faithlife.com to read an article that gives more in-depth information regarding this beautiful name.
- Visit biblehub.com for another insightful article that explains the meaning of the name, Bright and Morning Star.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Bright and Morning Star before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!