“ For it was fitting for God [that is, an act worthy of His divine nature] that He, for whose sake are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the author and founder of their salvation perfect through suffering [bringing to maturity the human experience necessary for Him to be perfectly equipped for His office as High Priest]..”
Hebrews 2:10 (Amplified)
WHAT IT MEANS…
The only time this title is found in Scripture is in Hebrews 2:10. It comes from the Greek phrase, archēgon tēs sōtērias, meaning Captain, Prince or Author of Salvation, Rescue or Safety.
http://iowacomicbookclub.com/inbexw.php Jesus is the Captain of our Salvation. He is the Prince of our Rescue and the Author of our Safety.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
- Eternal life ~ He paid far too high a price for you to die without Him.
- Abundant life ~ He paid far too high a price for those who have received Him to live defeated lives.
He is the Captain of your Salvation. Get in the boat of His salvation and then enjoy the ride, sweet friend. The Captain of your Salvation is at the helm and He has everything in control. Even the winds and the sea obey Him.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is the Captain of your Salvation. The One who is the means by which you are saved. You and I would be hopeless if Jesus didn’t choose to suffer in order to save us.
- Thank Him for being the Captain of your Salvation. Your eternity and my eternity… and the eternity of all who have ever lived, would look very different if Jesus didn’t choose to come and be the Captain of our Salvation.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of the Captain of your Salvation.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Captain of your Salvation and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Captain of your Salvation before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!