“Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James,
Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?”
So they were offended at Him.”
Mark 6:13 (NKJV)
WHAT IT MEANS…
The word Carpenter, in Scripture, comes from the Greek word tektōn which means, craftsman, woodworker, builder.
It is only mentioned 2 times in the New Testament and both New Testament accounts are found in the form of a question.
- Is this not the Carpenter? (Mark 6:13)
- Is this not the carpenter’s son? (Matthew 13:55)
Joseph was a carpenter. That means Jesus grew up learning carpentry as a trade.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
I say it all the time… My hubby can do anything! Well, just about anything. When we wanted to enlarge our front room, he knocked down the wall and built a new one, expanding the living room to almost twice the size. He even added a brick fireplace with a cross inlaid at the top.
When we decided to make our carport a garage, my husband did it himself.
Last year, when we had a leak between the walls in the kitchen, my hubby fixed it and remodeled the kitchen and dining room in the process.
My hubby is a builder, but he has limitations. So, while I say that he can do anything, I am well aware of the fact that there are simply some things he can’t.
Jesus is the Master Builder. The Carpenter who has no limitations.
There’s nothing He can’t remodel… including your life.
There is beauty in knowing that the King of kings willing chose to submit Himself to the humility of humanity and be identified as a carpenter – a man who worked with tools and wood to build stuff. He was what we would consider a blue collar worker.
And while that is significant beyond our comprehension, it’s important to know that there’s much more that’s intrinsic to His early carpentry career than the amazing way the Lord humbled Himself for us.
Tikrīt Jesus is the Master Builder who knows no limits and is able to build whatever He wants.
- He builds lives…
- He builds His children…
- He builds homes…
- and families…
- and futures…
- and faith…
- and destinies…
- and the Church…
- and so much more.
http://gafccommunity.co.uk/what-we-do/ He’s in Heaven right now working on a building project for you and me and all who have been saved.
“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” John 14:2-3
Jesus was the Master Builder of this planet and everything that exists.
“For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.” Colossians 1:16-17
Let’s get real. Sometimes things in our lives just fall apart. Sometimes, it’s us who are falling apart.
- You may feel like your world is crumbling around you…
- You may feel like you’ve lost your way, lost sight of who you are and what you’re supposed to be doing…
- Your faith may be small…
- Your hope may be gone…
- Your confidence may be shattered…
Wherever you are and whatever you’re going through, Jesus, the Carpenter is the only real Master Builder and there is absolutely nothing too hard for Him to build or rebuild.
Don’t keep living like your world is in ruins. Take just a few minutes and ask Him to be the Carpenter of your life and your circumstances today.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is the Carpenter. The One who can build and rebuild whatever it is in your that you need.
- Thank Him for being the Carpenter and call upon Him to be the Carpenter in your life He already is.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of Jesus, the Carpenter.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Carpenter and worship Him for who He is.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Carpenter before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!