“This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders,
which has become the chief cornerstone.”
Acts 4:11 (NKJV)
WHAT IT MEANS…
Chief Cornerstone is a name that is both prophetically used for, and specifically designated to Jesus.
It literally means, head of the cornerstone or principle and primary foundational stone for building.
- Prophetically used: Psalm 118:22, Isaiah 28:16
- Attributed to Jesus: Matthew 21:42-44, Act 4:11, Ephesians 2:19-22, 1Peter 2:6-7
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Have you ever built a house? Ever wondered how they know where to start?
There is a specific corner of each building where a foundational cornerstone is situated in which two walls connect in order to maintain the integrity of the building.
Many refer to it as a ceremonial stone, however, it is more than something to commemorate an architectural edifice. It is the base, basis, bedrock, bottom, footing, and the very foundation of a solidly built structure.
Jesus is the Foundation of our very existence. He is the Foundation of the Church… of our lives… of our marriages… of our homes… and of everything we choose to build upon Him.
When a builder chooses to reject the foundational cornerstone, he does so at the building’s ultimate demise. No building can stand without the foundational cornerstone set in place.
When someone rejects the Chief Cornerstone, they do so at their own demise. They have no hope of making it on their own. Their fall is not only possible, it’s imminent.
As Christians, we have built our faith on Jesus, the Chief Cornerstone. Our eternal destinies will never crumble.
However, when don’t build our lives, our homes, our parenting, our careers, our choices, our ministries, and everything we are on the Chief Cornerstone, those areas will crumble right before our very eyes.
- Is your marriage struggling? Build it on the sure foundation of the Chief Cornerstone.
- Are you struggling in your singleness? Build it on the sure foundation of the Chief Cornerstone.
- Is your career on the brinks of ruin? Build it on the sure foundation of the Chief Cornerstone.
- Is your home life falling apart? Build it on the sure foundation of the Chief Cornerstone.
- Is your ministry crumbling around you? Build it on the sure foundation of the Chief Cornerstone.
Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone. You can trust that whatever your build on Him, it will stand the test of time and circumstances. But whatever you choose to build on your own abilities, it will end up in ruins.
The choice is clear. Let Jesus be the Chief Cornerstone of every area of your life today. I promise, based on the Word of God, you will never regret it.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is the Chief Cornerstone. The One is your firm foundation. No matter what you’re going through, He is sure and true.
- Thank Him for being the Chief Cornerstone and call upon Him to be the Chief Cornerstone in your life – the very foundation for everything your life is built upon.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of Jesus, the Chief Cornerstone.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Chief Cornerstone and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Chief Cornerstone before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!