“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
Acts 2:36 (NKJV)
WHAT IT MEANS…
Christ is our English translation from the Greek word Christos meaning Anointed One. It is found over 560 times in the New Testament and is used as an epithet (descriptive destination) in conjunction with Jesus.
Lord in the New Testament comes from the Greek word kyrios which in general terms refers to one who is respected or has authority over others. In reference to Jesus, it means master, one possessing supreme authority, power, and control
Christ the Lord indicates that Jesus is the Anointed One who reigns as the Master having supreme authority over the world and all who live on this planet.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
So, I have a few questions…
- Do you struggle with submitting yourself to authority?
- Have you ever dealt with a bad boss or someone in authority over you?
- Have you ever seen someone get promoted to manager who didn’t seem to deserve it or wasn’t equipped to handle the position?
Most of us would say yes… to some degree or another.
The thing is, some of us have had some really bad bosses! Some of us have had managers who weren’t able to manage others well or leaders who didn’t deal with the issues and interactions that come with being the boss like they should have.
They don’t always understand how to inspire people to be their best. They don’t always understand us and what we are personally going through. They don’t get our limitations or know about our insecurities.
So, they find it difficult to lead those whom they can’t every fully understand.
That’s a reality of life that probably won’t ever change. We’ll always have someone we have to submit to who isn’t qualified or capable.
We don’t have to worry about any of those issues when it comes to submitting to Jesus as our Boss.
He’s the perfect Master – the only One who is Anointed to take that position and rule of His very own creation.
Christ the Lord is the One who created us on purpose and for a purpose. He gets us. I mean, He really gets us.
- There is no fear or insecurity that He doesn’t know about and isn’t able to help us overcome.
- He alone can give us the ability to overcome our inabilities.
- Only He can see the potential in us that we don’t even see in ourselves.
- Only He knows the paths we need to take to be all He created us to be.
- He alone is the One who died so that we could live an abundant life here on earth and eternally with Him.
- He alone rose from the grave and gifted us with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, which means the same power that raised Jesus from the grave lives in us. (Romans 8:11)
- He the only One worthy to be called the Anointed Supreme Leader of all that has or ever will exist.
We can trust that He gets us and will lead us in a path to that which is best for us.
When you feel like you don’t know if things will ever change
– or like you’ll never be able to step into that calling
– or like you’re not good enough, smart enough, or whatever enough to accomplish that dream that God has tucked in your heart…
just know that He who has called you to it, will also see you through it.
He who began a good work in you will complete it. (Philippians 1:6)
He is the Leader you can follow every single minute of every single day and never have to worry about whether or not He’s leading you in the wrong direction.
Whatever you’re facing today – whatever insecurity you have – whatever struggle you have with authority… yield to the Supreme Master of your life… Christ the Lord.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is the Christ the Lord.
- Thank Him for being the Christ the Lord and call upon Him to be the Christ the Lord of your life.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of Christ the Lord.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Christ the Lord and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
Go to biblegateway.com and discover the many times Christ the Lord is used in Scripture.
Visit Christianity.com and read the article that gives more insight into the name Christ the Lord.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Christ the Lord before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!