• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. II Timothy 3:15-17.
• We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6, Revelation 1:8, 18.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:23; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 & 4:15; Acts 1:11 & 2:22-24; I Corinthians 15:3-4.
• We believe that we are all sinners by nature and by choice and that salvation is only acquired by repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ resulting in the regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way in which we can obtain eternal salvation. Titus 3:4-7; Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12, Romans 6:23.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who imparts spiritual gifts as He chooses and whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 8:9.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:11-15; I Corinthians 15:51-57.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. Ephesians 1:22-23; I Corinthians 12:12, 27.
• We believe that the ministry of evangelism, edification and exhortation are responsibilities of both the Church as a whole and individual Christians, as well. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; Hebrews 10:25; I Peter 3:15.
ME, IN A NUTSHELL...
Have you ever read a bio and felt like you really didn't know the person you just read about? Well, I don't what that to happen here, so I thought I'd just go ahead share the 4-1-1 on the “personal” me. I realize your event team will probably want something a bit more professional, so that is provided below. But first, here’s me in a nutshell…
Me - Often goofy, never perfect, love to laugh (especially at myself). Passionate about Jesus, passionate about being passionate. Not a girly girl, but secretly want to be. Just learning to accessorize, don’t know my colors, hate to shop, have a love/hate relationship with menapause, love missions, hate to fly, love seeing women walk in who God created them to be!
Family - I’m married to my best friend who lives his life like he's still 40. (Y'all please don't tell him he's not because I love how he lives his life with such passion and adventure!) He’s a pastor, a drummer, a surfer and a man of God who is absolutely determined to reach this generation for Christ. Two of my biggest blessings call me Mom. They are young men who are as different as night and day but I LOVE being their momma. Karl (my oldest) is Mr. Sports. He loves every kind of sport on the planet. He is married to my daughter-in-love, Kristina, and they are the parents of my first grandgirl, Kaitlyn Jewel. (Oh how I LOVE being an abuella (grandma)!) DJ (my youngest) is Mr. Talent. Singer, songwriter, musician, graphic designer, ect… He’s my go-to guy for all things computer.
Tidbits - Here’s something you may not know. I was adopted. My birth mom was raped - and I was the result. I met her when I was 27. She was a wonderful woman of God and I thank her for her relentless prayers for a daughter she didn't know. God has blessed me beyond measure with two amazing moms. One that loved me past the pain of rape and chose life for me instead and one who would love me and raise me as her own. My mom and my birthmom died of cancer and I miss them both like crazy!
Steph's Official Bio:
Stephanie Shott is an author, speaker and ministry leader who leads women to live full, fearless and faithful lives. With a contagious passion for God and His Word, Stephanie makes every message an adventure and with almost Indiana-Jones-like style, she takes her audiences with her. For over 20 years, her messages have inspired women to:
▪Exchange heartache, insecurity and brokenness for hope, healing and victory
▪Experience the thrill of living a courageous, audacious and adventurous life of faith
▪Discover the joy of knowing and living out God’s Word in their everyday lives
▪Treasure the significance of relationships and find inspiration and encouragement from one another
Stephanie is transparent, authentic, relevant and vulnerable as she relates to women of all ages and all walks of life. She willingly shares her own painful past as well as her own fears and failures to minister to audiences who need to know that someone else understands what it means to be weary, wounded, broken and invisible.
Conceived as the result of a rape, Stephanie wasn't just an unexpected pregnancy...she was a woman's worst nightmare. After being adopted by two loving parent, she found herself the victim of a decade of sexual abuse. As a young adult, she spent years wandering the wilderness of foolish choices but since her life-changing encounter with Christ in 1987, Stephanie now takes every opportunity she has to tell of God's rich and redeeming grace. She loves what Corrie Ten Boom once said, "There is no pit so deep that God is not deeper still.”
(You can read more about her story by clicking over to Steph's Story.)
She is founder of The MOM Initiative - a missional mentoring ministry devoted reaching a million moms for Christ. You can find out more about the The MOM Initiative at www.themominitiative.com.
As a guest on various television and radio shows, Stephanie is called upon to speak hope and healing to those who have suffered from sexual abuse; to remind women they are never too battered, too broken, too dirty, too unloveable or too unforgivable for God, to call women to courageously escape the Christian bubble and take Titus 2 to the streets and change the world one life at a time.
Stephanie is the author of The Making of a Mom and Understanding What Matters Most (a Bible study on Ecclesiastes) and has written numerous articles, which have appeared in Focus on the Family's, Thrive as well as MOPS International's MomEmail, P31 Woman Magazine and (In)courage. She is represented by The Blythe Daniel Literary Agency.
Here's what others are saying:
• "Her passion for the Lord and love for His people shine through everything she says and does! Her sound biblical teaching resonated with our women. She had us both laughing and crying."
• "All the ladies want me to ask Stephanie back...even the teenagers! That honestly doesn't happen!"
• "Stephanie is down to earth but has a genuine gift to bring the Word of God to life."
• "Stephanie is a deep but practical teacher. She finds things in the Word I never knew were there and then she helps us see how we can live them out."
• "It was like I was sitting down, having coffee with a friend as she poured her heart into mine. She's a captivating speaker who gives you insights you would have never thought of."
• "Her love for us was evident. You could tell she had spent time seeking God's face on our behalf."
• "Stephanie left an everlasting imprint on the hearts of our women and we are better for it. Stephanie it the real deal!”
* Stephanie is represented by Blythe Daniel at The Blythe Daniel Agency
To check Stephanie's availability, please visit her Book Steph page.