Okay sweet friends, this is my shout out for help! My Bible study on Ecclesiastes has hit the shelves and as much as I hate this part of the publishning equation, I know that it’s part of the process and I really do need your help to get the word out!
My concentrated launch begins on October 3rd, but you can do some things before then to help get the word out. You may be wondering how you can do anything other than buy the book, but you’d be surprised how many opportunities there are out there to be part of the promoting party!
One of the easiest ways you can help is if you’re involved in any kind of Bible study group at all, you can request to do the study in your group. The whole premise of the study is to learn to make your eternity intentional by living your life on purpose. But the wonderful thing about Solomon’s take on life is that he had been there and done that, so he helps us examine our lives in light of real life circumstances.
As a Bible study, Understanding What Matters Most is best suited for individual or group studies as well as for homeschool high school students.
The information below will help you get an idea of what Ecclesiastes: Understanding What Matters Most is all about:
How do you respond to real life circumstances with eternity in mind – especially if we live our lives as if this is all there is?
This six week study will help you not only discover what matters most but it will also help you live your life on a daily basis with your heart set on making your eternity intentional. “Understanding What Matters Most” gives us practical application and godly insight into how to do this thing called life well – and how to live a life of significance in this vapor of an existence that we are given.
Life may be a vapor, but we all want this vapor of a life to count! “Understanding What Matters Most” is a tool in the hand of everyone who wants to do just that!
Since y’all have been so kind as to join me in this publishing journey, I really could use your help! There are so many ways to help spread the word and start a “buzz” about this new Bible study and I assure you that I’m not only uber thankful for all your help, but eternally grateful as well!
While I’d love the air coverage, I realize that not everyone will feel comfortable or have the means to drop leaflets while parachuting from an airplane, but on the list below, you’ll find at least one thing that will be a perfect fit with the ways God has gifted you.
• Write a review (and ‘Like’) for the book on online bookstores such as:
• Write a review at one of the many online book review sites, including:
• As soon as you start reading the book, post a comment and/or link to your facebook profile page, or send a tweet on Twitter letting friends and followers know you’re reading (and enjoying!) the book.
• At http://www.christianbook.com/following-through-series-ecclesiastes-understanding-matters/stephanie-shott/9780899570242/pd/570240?product_redirect=1&Ntt=570240&item_code=&Ntk=keywords&event=ESRCP you can recommend books via an e-mail link that will take your friends right to the page of the book you’re promoting.
• Recommend the book as a featured title for an area or church small group (or start your own Bible study!). This is especially appropriate since this is a study book with questions designed to ignite application. (Talking eternity is sure to stir up some interesting conversations!)
• Start a discussion about the book on your blog or on e-mail loops you’re a part of.
• If you have a website or write a newsletter, consider featuring novels you’ve read and enjoyed.
• Add the book to your list of favorites on myspace, facebook, shoutlife, or other online communities.
• After reading and reviewing the book, give it away as a prize in a drawing on your website or blog.
• If you have a unique perspective—for instance, personal experience with the book’s topic—offer your insights in venues that might not ordinarily hear about the book.
• Donate your influencer copy to your public library or church library when you’re finished reading it. Better yet, share your copy in other ways and buy a second copy for the library.
• Print out a review you’ve written, or other reviews of the book and give them to your public or church librarians for consideration.
• Offer to distribute bookmarks and/or postcards for the author or publisher. Public libraries, church libraries, bookstores and gift shops are usually happy to have giveaways on their counters. (I can send you bookmarks or postcards upon request)
• Ask your church if you could use this for your next ladies Bible study.
• Place bookmarks or postcards about the book at each place setting as favors for a luncheon or banquet.
• Hang out in your local bookstore and “hand sell” the book by talking it up to customers shopping in the nonfiction department.
• Talk to the clerks in any bookstores and libraries you visit and ask if they carry the book. If not give them a short book report and recommend they order a few copies.
• When visiting bookstores, do a little creative rearranging to turn the book face out on the shelves. Use good judgment and don’t hide one book to promote another. Also keep in mind that in some stores front-table space is paid for by the publisher, so don’t “steal.”
• Offer to write a book review for your church newsletter, neighborhood newspaper or any other printed source that might reach readers.
• At your next women’s retreat, volunteer to organize a book table, where you will feature the book.
• Offer to organize a blog tour for the author, setting up a week when numerous blogs will feature the book and interviews with the author.
• Purchase a copy for a friend and tuck it into a gift basket for someone who is ill or in the hospital; or take it to your next dinner party as a hostess gift.
• Leave the book in a waiting room where someone with a few extra minutes might start reading it.
• Prison ministries are always looking for wholesome books to distribute. Check out groups like Prison Book Project.
• Word-of-mouth is still probably the number one way books hit bestseller lists, so simply start conversations about the book. Tell your friends and family what you’ve been reading and why you enjoyed it so much.
• Drop leaflets as you parachute out of a plane.
- Ask your local book store to stock it. If they don’t have it in stock, request to order your book through them and they may begin to carry it in the future.
A big THANK YOU in advance for all your help! You truly are a partner in this study with me! You girls blow me away with your graciousness!!
Please feel free to pass this information along to those you know who may be interested! You know I can use all the help I can get!