“Do not weep any longer,
for I will reward you,” says the Lord.
“Your children will come back to you
from the distant land of the enemy.
There is hope for your future,” says the Lord.
“Your children will come again to their own land.”
If you’re a mom who is praying for your prodigal, you know that sometimes it’s hard to even know what to pray. Words often elude a broken hearted momma.
As we go through this series, I want to offer you some focused prayer topics with relevant Scriptures so that when you don’t know what to pray, you will not only be prepared to pray but also able to wield the weapon of God’s Word as you claim His promises to be who He said He will be and do what He says He will do.
Today, as we look at what many refer to as The Lord’s Prayer but is more accurately named The Model Prayer, let’s focus on praying for the prodigals according to the words Jesus offers us in this very concise by powerful prayer.
“Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.” Matthew 6:9-13
- They will esteem God’s name as holy
- They will be led according to God’s will and not their own
- They will experience God’s provision and know that it came from His loving hands
- They will experience God’s forgiveness and extend forgiveness to others
- They will not be led into temptation by anyone or anything
- They will be delivered from the evil one and from everything that would hold their hearts captive
- They would declare that God reigns over all… that His is the Kingdom, the power and the glory…FOREVER.