Motherhood was like a messy experiment or me and my children were the guinea pigs.
I wrote The Making of a Mom so your mom journey doesn’t have to be as messy as mine and so you don’t have to take your journey alone.
I wrote The Making of a Mom to give real moms a real look at biblical motherhood in real life.
And I wrote The Making of a Mom to provide a unique all-in-one resource to help local churches begin or enhance their mentoring ministries by discovering how they can change the world one mom at a time by making mentoring missional.
And TODAY is the day, sweet friends! YOU have been on this journey with me and the M.O.M. team for a while now and we’ve seen some amazing “GOD” things happen along the way.
1. The M.O.M. Team grew and currently has 30 mentoring mommas who consistently share from their own mom journey to help you along the way.
2. M.O.M. Groups launched up all over the world using our supplemental material to mentor moms in their local churches and in their communities.
3. We have received countless emails from women LOOKING for M.O.M. Groups and desperate for someone to walk with them along the way.
4. Our Facebook page grew like crazy and we are now moving into our new Facebook Group where YOU are invited to join the group and the conversation about all things MOM, MINISTRY LEADERS & MENTORS.
5. We created 2 free downloadable books that quickly became popular and women used them to mentor moms in M.O.M. Groups as well as a resource for moms who read it on their own.
6. The M.O.M. team met in Colorado and prayed over YOU, over the upcoming conference and over the moms and the children of the next generation.
7. We planned and are getting ready to hold our 1st ever conference for women of ALL ages and stages of life.
8. The Making of a Mom was picked up by Regal in September of last year and recently obtained by Baker Publishing under the REVELL brand.
9. YOU can purchase The Making of a Mom TODAY!
If mothering is messy for you, or if you wonder if you’ll ever get it right, or if you’re a mom who just needs some encouragement and to know she’s not the only one who feels like she’s messing up and wants some REAL HELP for REAL MOMS from a REAL BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE that isn’t glossed over, then you won’t want to miss reading The Making of a Mom.
And if mentoring is something you know you need to weave into your women’s ministry but you felt like it was too hard, The Making of a Mom is the all-in-one resource you need. Intentionally written as an in-reach and an outreach resource, The Making of a Mom includes questions at the end of each chapter and venue specific planning guides in the back.
The Making of a Mom makes mentoring easy and provides the solution to the 3 things most would-be mentors fear most…
1. What will I say? (The questions at the end of each chapter serve as a catalyst for conversation.)
2. What will I do? (The venue-specific planning guides in the back of the book provide the tools to mentor moms in your church, your home, and in your community.)
3. What will I use? (The Making of a Mom is a dual-purpose book to reach moms who don’t know Christ and minister to the ones who already know Him.)
THROUGH THE M.O.M. INITIATIVE & THE MAKING OF A MOM, WE ARE ON A MISSION TO MINISTER TO THE HEARTS OF A MILLION MOMS WHO KNOW CHRIST AND REACH A MILLION MOMS WHO DON’T!
WILL YOU BE PART OF THE REVOLUTION AND BE ONE OF THE MILLION MOMS.. OR HELP US REACH ONE OF THE MILLION MOMS BY BEGINNING OR BEING PART OF A M.O.M. GROUP?
TODAY, WE ARE ASKING YOU TO PURCHASE 1 BOOK FOR YOURSELF AND 1 BOOK FOR SOMEONE YOU WILL COME ALONGSIDE WITH AND MENTOR…
OR SOMEONE YOU WANT TO MENTOR YOU…
OR YOUR WOMEN’S MINISTRY LEADER SO YOU CAN BEGIN MENTORING MOMS IN YOUR CHURCH!
And be sure to support your LOCAL CHRISTIAN BOOK STORE and order it through them if you can! 😉
WILL YOU HELP US TAKE TITUS 2 TO THE STREETS AND IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY AND THIS CULTURE FOR CHRIST THROUGH THE POWER OF MENTORING?
CLICK this link to discover more about how to begin a M.O.M. Group in your area.
Here’s what others are saying…
BY: TRICIA GOYER
I’ve been mentoring teenage mamas for 13 years. That’s a fancy way of saying that once a week I lead a support group where we bring in speakers, and we encourage moms by sharing our lives. Through the years, I’ve had people tell me they want to do something similar, but they don’t know where to start—or even if they qualify, since they haven’t done this mothering thing perfectly. I now know the resource that I’m going to point them to first: this one! The Making of a Mom is an encouraging guide to becoming a mothering mentor. Stephanie reminds us that we don’t need to be perfect; we just have to be willing to open our hearts and lives to others. Every mom needs a community of love and support. This is the perfect book to help a mom on her parenting journey—especially as she opens her heart and life to others! Tricia Goyer, USA Today Bestselling Author of 40 books, including Lead Your Family Like Jesus
BY: RHONDA RHEA
Where was The Making of a Mom when I was raising five kids? I love that Stephanie doesn’t heap on a big, fat load of “if you would just be a better person, a better mother, blah, blah, blah . . .” Instead she meets a mom right where she is and lets her know she’s not alone in the challenges of parenting—or in trying to encourage others in those challenges. The Making of a Mom helps us all chuck the guilt, understand God’s deep and unshakeable love, and encourage us to pass that love along. Rhonda Rhea, Humor Columnist, TV Host and Author of 11 Books, including Espresso Your Faith and Join the Insanity
BY: KATHI MACIAS
The Making of a Mom is an exciting new book for all moms that also helps the Church put Titus 2:4-5 into action. Whether you’re in the middle of motherhood, your children now have families of their own, or you’re still thinking and praying about motherhood, this is the book for you! Kathi Macias, Award-winning Author, Mothers of the Bible Speak to Mothers of Today
Oh…and today I’ll have two different radio interviews! One at 6:45 a.m. ET on WCBQ with Dr. Alvin Jones and the other at 12:05 p.m. on the Debbie Chavez Show. Hope you’ll listen in.
OH… and don’t forget to join us at BETTER TOGETHER! A great getaway an time to be REFRESHED & REFUELED & a great time to discover how you can be part of making mentoring missional in your own neck of the woods.
CLICK BELOW TO
HEAR MORE ABOUT BETTER TOGETHER!
REGISTER NOW for the
2014 M.O.M. Conference ~ BETTER TOGETHER
July 31st – August 2nd,
Jacksonville, Florida at Trinity Baptist Church
Registration Information, Location, List of Breakout Sessions, Descriptions of Workshops, Conference Speaking Team, Better Together Conference Flyer, Better Together Bulletin Insert (Full Color), Better Together Bulletin Insert (Black & White), Better Together Conference Cards (Postcard Size)