Do you love God’s Word? I mean really love it? If you aren’t sure, you can probably tell by the amount of time you invest in reading and studying it, and by your willingness to live according to it.
God’s Word has the answer for every need of the human heart and, sweet friends, we need to move beyond the typical women’s studies of Ruth, Esther, Titus 2, and Proverbs 31. As good as they are – it’s time we begin being women of the WHOLE WORD & doing systematic studies of the whole Bible.
There are no PINK parts or BLUE parts. The whole world of God is for every person of every race of every cultural background whether male or female.
But before we dig in, I need to address the elephant in our cultural room.
Technology and social media have stolen our attention and kept us distracted. We live in a day when sitting still and studying has become a lost art.
But, you and I can’t relegate our daily reading of God’s Word to perusing pictures of verses on Instagram and Facebook. We need more than a social media meme understanding of God’s Word.
God’s Word has…
- No EQUAL
- No RIVAL
- No END
- It is SUBJECT TO NO ONE
- Yet EVERYONE is SUBJECT TO IT
- No one can ADD TO IT
- No one can TAKE AWAY FROM IT
- Nothing can STOP IT
- Not one person CHANGE IT
- Yet every person can be CHANGED BY IT
- It is not ALTERED BY SOCIETAL NORMS
- It establishes SOCIAL NORMS
- It doesn’t shift with the tide of CULTURAL OPINION
- It rules over CULTURAL OPINIONS
- It does not TAKE FAITH TO READ IT
- But it GIVES FAITH WHEN YOU DO
God’s Word is powerful and it has the power to effect change in our lives. Most importantly to our eternal destiny is the truth that God’s Word has the power to save our souls.
1. God’s Word has the Power to Save
- Romans 10:17 ~ “faith comes by hearing the Word of God.”
- James 1:21 ~ “lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.”
- 2 Timothy 3:15, ~ “that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”
I got saved 6 1/2 months before my husband. He had been a professional musician in rock bands, so that gives you a snapshot his background and our lives. I knew he needed to see the change that Jesus makes in our lives. But more than anything, I knew he needed to be exposed to God’s Word. So I left verses all over the house. I read God’s Word in front of him. He began asking what I was reading and I’d share God’s Word with Him. 6 months after I became a Christian, he gave his life to Christ and was radically saved too.
If you have lost loved ones, your testimony is important, but it is God’s Word that has the power to infuse faith into their hearts and save their souls. So look for ways to share God’s Word.
Today, you may be reading this and you’re not know if you are saved or not. God’s Word tells us…
- Romans 3:23, (all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.)
- Romans 6:23 (wages of sin is death but gift of God is eternal life)
- Romans 5:8 (God demonstrates His love to us, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us)
- Romans 10:9-10 (with the heart man believes unto righteousness, with the mouth confession is made unto salvation)
- Romans 10:13 (whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved)
So, God’s Word has the power to save us. Have you been born again? Have you truly been saved? If not, today is the day of salvation.
Do you truly treasure God’s Word? Would you like to know more about how you can study it on your own? Leave a comment below and I’ll send you some free resources to help you in your journey.