Good morning sweet friends! I took a bit of a break from my Controversial Christianity series to share a bit about where the Lord has had me for the last few months. Next week we will be in our Controversial Christianity series but today, I felt like I was just supposed to encourage someone who is hanging in the balance.
Someone who needs to know they need to keep moving forward… to keep pressing on. Someone who is about to give up when the fulfillment of what God wants to do in your life is only one more step of faith away.
To get the full gist of what I want to share with you, please take a minute and read Ezekiel 37:1-11.
“The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. 2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they werevery dry. 3 And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” So I answered, “O Lord God, You know.”4 Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.”’”7 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”’” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’”
- Maybe it’s time to speak breath to the bones of your dream that are rattling around waiting for you to obey God.
- Perhaps it’s time to ask the Lord to give breath to your dry-bone prayers for your prodigal, or for your health or for the salvation of a loved one.
- Maybe you need to take one more step of obedience in the direction God is calling you to find that job you’ve been needing.
- Maybe you’re single and you need to see the Lord speak breath into your heart for someone or to speak breath into your heart so you won’t feel like you need anyone else but Him.
- Maybe you’re somewhere between bones and breath in your marriage and you’re ready to give up. It’s not time to give up, it’s time to take another step of faith and obedience and trust God to breathe life into your heart and make a miracle out of your marriage.