Rāmanagaram Did you know a hummingbird has little use of his feet? He can perch, but you won’t find him walking very far because his feet are feeble. God didn’t endow the tiny feathered fowl with strong skillful tootsies to travel rough terrain.
But He did give the hummingbird wings that will carry it 25 -30 miles per hour and the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird has been known to make a 20 hour, 500 mile trip across the Gulf of Mexico to its mating grounds.
buy accutane london Romans 12:6a tells us,
“In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well.”
We aren’t cookie cutter people. God doesn’t create us to be what others are or do what others do. We are uniquely created by a Sovereign God who delights in our differences.
We don’t look the same, talk the same, think the same or desire the same things. Yet we were all created by God and for God.
Let’s Get Personal:
1. Do you think the hummingbird jealously mulled over the fact that he couldn’t really walk?
2. Do you think the hummingbird looks at the lion and wonders why the lion is so agile and he isn’t?
3. What gifts, talents or abilities has God given you?
4. How can you use those to glorify God?
5. Do you ever waste your time wishing you could walk when you were made to fly?
6. Do you ever make fun of others because they can’t do something you can?
1. Write out a list of things you know you do well and begin to thank God for giving you those gifts.
2. Dream about the greatest way you could use those gifts to glorify God and write it down. Then write out some practical steps that would be necessary to get from where you are to where you dream of being. Begin to checklist your way through life and you’ll be able to discern if God is opening doors in that direction or not. It will also help you see God’s hand in your circumstances.
While many of our fair feathered friends are given the gift of agile feet, the Lord uniquely created the hummingbird without them. He wasn’t withholding the ability to walk from the hummingbird, He just created him differently.
Today, enjoy the fact that you are a Divine design – uniquely crafted by the Great I AM. His plan for you is just as individual as you are. So bask in the beauty of who God has created you to be… and fly sweet friend. Fly!
I am looking forward to these. I love devos!! Thanks so much Steph!
Thank you so much for this Daily Devo!!! I'm on my lunch break and usually don't bring my net-book to work but decided to today…for some reason. Now I know why.
Love ya Stef
Love, love, love this!
Hi Amanda ~ I love devos too! Funny thing is 'short & sweet' is very hard for me to write, but I'm learning! 🙂
Hi Johna ~ So glad you popped in today too! You're a huge blessing, my friend! Love ya back!
So glad you stopped in and commented! Thought you'd like to know that “What Matters Most” went to print last week. I'm not sure how much longer, but I don't think it will be long now.
If y'all do the study, I'd love to come do an opening message! (No speaker's fee, just the honor of meeting you and doing an intro message with you sweet ladies!) 🙂
Some days I have feeble feet. It's then I know I can fly high and wide safe on His wings. Love these devos, my friend.
Sandra ~ I LOVE that perspective! Safe on His wings!