Good Friday morning, sweet friend! Wow! This week has been a whirlwind for me. I’ve been working until 12 to 1 a.m. every night this week and I’m whipped! But I’ve had a pretty productive week, so I am crazy happy about that! Icing on the cake for me is going to be at 5:00 p.m. today when my sweet little grandgirl walks through my front door and we go for a walk, look at the moon and I watch grandpa’s heart melt every time that sweet thing says, “Papa”!
I can’t help but wonder how you’re doing today? Wondering how your week has been?
Please know you’re the object of my prayers and I love hearing from you! Thanks for the emails and Facebook messages. You girls rock!
Now lets look at today’s #11 way to make our eternities intentional.
1. Work that soup kitchen at a homeless shelter
2. Be a mentor at a children’s home
3. Work at a local food bank
4. Teach God’s Word or perhaps working skills at a local women’s shelter
5. Become a reader at the local library
6. Mow your next door neighbors lawn, cook her a meal or clean her house
7. Mentor a single mom
8. Watch someone’s children for free
9. Help a caretaker out. Spend the day with the parent she is with 24/7. Stay with him so she can go to church.
10. Help with Special Olympics
11. Help build a home with Habitat for Humanity
12. Visit children who are long term patients in a hospital (like the Ronald McDonald House)
13. Frequent the local nursing home or Veteran’s Center
14. Offer to collect needed items for a local school
15. Collect blankets and coats for the homeless and organize a food drive and distribution for them
16. Get your ladies group involved in collecting gently used clothes for teen moms and babies at the local home for unwed mothers
17. Tutor children
18. Teach adults how to read in a local “Learn to Read” program
19. Volunteer for emergency response teams like Samaritan’s Purse or the Red Cross
20. Give the elderly or handicap a hand by driving them to the store or to a doctor’s appointment
21. Help with a political campaign
22. Serve in your local church
23. Be a teacher’s aid in your local school
24. Mentor some children in a low income neighborhood or apartment complex
25. Use your skills, like knitting or sewing to make something special for those in need