When I first received Christ, my mind raced with ways to tell others about this Jesus who changes hearts, lives, and eternal destinies. I even envisioned myself going door to door throughout the whole world sharing Jesus with the nations.
To know Him and make Him known is THE foundation of who we are as Christians & what we’re called to do.
Everything else flows from how we respond to God’s call on our lives to KNOW Him & MAKE HIM KNOWN.
You and I should never be comfortable with or entertain the idea that it’s okay to have a selfish faith. We cannot bask in the glorious truth that we are saved and not be broken over the lostness of others.
I’ll share more about our calling to i need to order Aurogra without a prescription know God in another post, but today, I’m going to Monzón focus on making Him known. After all, making Him known is what the Great Commission is all about.
“18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.” Matthew 28:18-20
God’s commissions us to be His witnesses beckons us to make it our mission to make Him known throughout the world.
“8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8
The Great Commission is God’s call on our lives to reach the lost and teach the saved. The actual command in the Great Commission is to make disciples ~ but in order to make a disciple, you must first have a convert.
But so many Christians are at a loss for how to reach those who don’t know Christ with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Perhaps we’ve made it harder than it needs to be. It’s simply opening our mouths and…
~ sharing the Gospel
~ or asking someone how you can pray for them
~ or sharing life experiences and how Jesus made a difference in your life
~ or looking for ways to share the love of Jesus in tangible ways and then explaining that you are who you are because Jesus saved you and changed you.
So, here are a few simple out of the box ideas about how we can make Him known…
- Always carry tracts.
- Always carry a pocket New Testament.
- Start a ministry that meets people’s needs. (Bread of Life Ministry – take pulled bread and cakes from grocery store that is still good but the grocery store is required to pull and take it to a low income apartment complex or urban area or families in need)
- Neighborhood prayer walks.
- Mall tract blitz.
- Street-side prayer team.
- Monthly community cookout with a prayer tent and someone sharing their testimony.
- Work with para-ministries. (Crisis pregnancy centers, homeless shelters, jail ministries, etc…)
- Adopt a low income area or apartment and offer life skills. (Resume writing, GED classes, cooking classes, budgeting)
- Neighborhood Bible distribution and prayer. Ask, “How can I pray for you?”
- Office Bible study group. (Before work of during lunch)
- Intentionally participate in community events to be light and salt and build relationships with others. (Sports activities, popular movies, town halls)
- Mentor moms at your church, in your home, at a local restaurant, or community center.
- Testimony Challenge – challenge each other to share your testimony 1 to 3 times a week.
- Wear Christian t-shirts that will potentially prompt people to ask questions. “How can I pray for you?” “Are you empty?” “What bugs you about religion?” “Are you ashamed?” “Who do you say Jesus is?”
- Put a book on the corner of your desk at school that would spark questions. (Mere Christianity, Darwin’s Black Box which refutes Darwin’s theory and supporting Intelligent Design)
- Give yourself and others goals. Like asking 5 people a week how you can pray for them or sharing your testimony 3 times a week.
- Dinner on the grounds at your local church. (Create tickets for the dinner and invite someone who is unchurched to that dinner.)
- Coffee shop Bible study. Invite others who are there. Leave tracts.
- Buy a meal for family in need.
- Reach out to single moms and their children.
- Men can be father-figures for children living with single moms.
- Share who God is based on needs people have. EX: A family needs financial help: Before helping them, pray with them that YHWH-Jireh will provide for their needs and give them a chance to see the Lord show up. It may be that God wants to use you to supply the need – but He may want to show up as YHWH-Jireh in a completely different way.
Mark 16:15, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.”
I’d love to hear from you…
What are some ways you’ve made Christ known lately?
Have any of the ideas above helped you?
What would you add?
Here are some free resources to help you become Great Commission minded and fulfill your calling:
Hey friend! This sounds familiar!! All good reminders! I haven’t made Christ known to an unbeliever, but today as Joy went to the 2nd therapy session for her knee and was told she couldn’t run for the next 5 days, I tried to make God known to her as Jehovah Rapha (Healer), Jireh (Provider) and her Peace. So thankful to know who He is is relevant to every need we have!