“And having been perfected, He became
the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him”
WHAT IT MEANS…
The Greek word, aitios, is used only one time in Scripture. Translated http://heirloomflowersandballoons.co.uk/flower-gallery Author in some versions. Translated Source in others.
Different from the Greek word cheap isotretinoin singapore archēgos which is translated to mean Prince, Captain, Chief Leader, as we discovered yesterday in our study of the name Author and Perfecter of our Faith.
In Hebrews 5:9 the Greek word aitios is used. This defines Jesus as the Source of our Eternal Salvation.
In Hebrews 2:10 the Greek word archēgos is used in which Jesus is called the Author of Salvation. In this instance, Author means Prince, Captain, Chief Leader.
Jesus is both the Source (Hebrews 5:9) and the Prince/Leader/Captain (Hebrews 2:10) of our Salvation.
Hebrews 2:10 is a reminder that our salvation came through much suffering. Not our suffering, but Jesus’ suffering on the cross.
“For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.”
This powerful name, Author of Salvation, assures us that we are saved because Jesus is the Source of our salvation, who suffered in our place to pay for our sins. It is Jesus who Leads us to salvation and leads us once we are saved.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Peering out over the edge of the pier with my barely-used Bible perched on my lap, I scanned the horizon for answers that only God’s Word could give.
What was my life about anyway? Why was I here and did God really have a purpose for my existence? And what did it take to truly be saved?
I knew God existed. I knew Jesus died on a cross to pay for my sins. I just didn’t understand the connection. I mean, how does something Jesus did over 2,000 years ago apply to me today.
As I look in the rearview mirror of my journey to salvation, I realize that, that day at the park, and all the umpteen many days and many ways God was at work in my life, He was actually wooing me unto Himself.
- He was showing me my need for a Savior.
- Revealing that Jesus died so I could be saved.
- Granting me His goodness that would ultimately lead me to repentance.
- And giving me the faith to believe.
All I had to do is receive what He was offering.
Jesus is the Source of our salvation. He is the Leader who leads us to salvation as well as the One who leads us once we are saved.
Today, you maybe in that place of questioning…
- Why are you here?
- Is God real – and if He is – what does He want you to do with your life?
- How can you be saved and, finally know for sure that you are going to heaven?
Jesus is the Source of salvation. The One who made salvation possible. The One who leads to be saved. The One who leads you once you are saved.
If you’re not saved, give your life to the One who gave His life for you. And please let me know if you did that today! I’d love to pray for your and give you more information about your next steps in the faith.
If you are saved, thank Jesus for being the Source of, as well as the Leader of, your eternal salvation. What He did, He did for you.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is. Author of Salvation. The One who defined what would be needed to save us from our sin, became what we needed be saved from our sin, and called you unto Himself so that we could be saved from our sin.
- Thank Him for being the Author of Salvation, the One who authored your salvation and freely gave you the eternal gift of salvation.
- Repent of any neglect or disregard towards the Lord as your Author of Salvation. Have you taken His free gift for granted? Perhaps even rejected it? Repent of your rejection of His salvation and let Him be your Lord and Savior today.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Author of Salvation and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE…
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about Author of Salvation before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!