“But you denied the Holy One and the Just,
and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,
and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead,
of which we are witnesses.”
WHAT IT MEANS…
Prince comes from the same Greek word archēgos as we find in Hebrews 2:10, meaning Captain or Chief Leader (of our salvation), and Hebrews 12:2 meaning the Captain or Chief Leader (of our faith). Some theologians have translated the Greek word archēgos to also mean Pioneer.
It means the same in regards to today’s name, Author of Life.
Jesus is the Author of Life. The One who created life, rules over life, leads life, and pioneers life. That is true for eternal life as well as the life we are given on this planet.
Jesus is the Author of Life. Your life. My life. Your children’s lives. Your neighbors’ lives. Every life that has ever existed, Jesus authored, captained over, lead, and even pioneered each and every one.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Six years of pouring over the pages of Ecclesiastes has a way of reminding you that there is so much more to this life than this life.
During those years, when God had my heart planted in that often avoided and even more-often misunderstood book of the Bible, Solomon’s penetrating truths seemed to pierce my soul.
“Vanity of vanities. All is vanity.”
While I was writing my Bible study on Ecclesiastes, it affected every area of my life. We’re given so few years on this planet to make a difference. So few years to become all God created us to be.
Some more years than others. But all few in comparison to eternity.
But every day is a grace-filled gift from the Author of Life. He is the One who holds our days in His hand and fills breath in our lungs.
He gives us life. He offers eternal life and abundant life for all who will believe.
- Today, as you’re reading this, maybe your life is hard right now. Ask the Author of Life to enable you to walk in the abundant life Jesus died to give you.
- Today, as you’re reading this, you may be at a cross roads in your life, wondering which direction to take, not knowing what to do in your circumstances. Ask the Author of Life to lead you to fulfill the life He has for you.
- Today, as you’re reading this, perhaps you’ve had a dream tucked away in your heart for far too long. It once seemed alive but something happened along the way and it’s like the breath of that dream is gone. Ask the Author of Life to breathe life into that dream once again, so that you can become all God created you to be and do all the Author of Life saved you to do.
- Today, as you’re reading this, you may have even lost someone you love. Reach out to someone to help you carry this burden of grief. He gave your friends life too so that you could do life together. It’s too much to bear on your own, dear friend. And…remember…sometimes praise is a sacrifice. Take a moment, maybe today… maybe when your heart is ready, but offer a sacrifice of praise to the Author of Life for the days you had with them. (Hebrews 13:5)
The Author of Life has given you these days you are living on purpose and for a purpose. Don’t allow life to distract you from what the Author of Life has for you, sweet friend.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is. Author of Life. Every breath you take is a gift from God. Every morning you get up, it is because Jesus has Authored your life to be so.
- Thank Him for being the Author of Life. Your existence is His doing. He has a plan and a purpose for you while you are here. Thank Him for authoring your life and ask Him to help you live it according to His perfect will.
- Repent of any disobedience to the Author of Life. Perhaps you’ve never acknowledge Him as the Author of your own life. Or maybe you’ve taken this life He has given your for granted.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Author of Life and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE…
Read Ezekiel 37:1-14 to discover how the Author of Life can speak life to your life today.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Author of Life before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!