WHAT IT MEANS…
where to buy priligy in india Author is archēgos in the Greek. It carries the meaning of Prince, Chief Leader, Captain. It’s found in Acts 3:15, Acts 5:31 as Prince and in Hebrews 2:10 as Captain or Perfect Leader.
antagonistically Finisher is the Greek word teleiōtēs which means Completer, Perfecter. It is the only time this word is found in Scripture. The Strongs describes it as one who has in his own person raised faith to its perfection and so set before us the highest example of faith, Hebrews 12:2.
Combining the two Greek words, it defines Jesus as the one who is the Prince, Chief Leader, and Captain of our faith, as well as the Finisher, Perfecter, and Completer of our faith.
He is not only the One who gave us the faith to believe for salvation, He is also the One who sustains our faith in this journey called life.
Jesus created our faith. Captains over our faith. Leads our faith. Perfects our faith. And completes our faith.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Faith is a funny thing. One minute we can believe God to move mountains and part the Red Sea. The next minute we’re wondering where He is and why He doesn’t seem to be doing anything.
Our faith is like a ball in a pinball machine. Flings from one extreme to the other depending on what our circumstances are.
But that’s not the kind of faith we’re called to have.
The Bible says, But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)
We tend to only quote the first part of that verse. But it’s not simply a call to believe that He exists, but that He is also a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Does your faith truly believe that He not only exists, but that He also delights in rewarding those who diligently seek Him?
Call upon the Captain and Completer of your faith today to help you have that mountain-moving faith once again.
Jesus is the one who initiated our faith, authored our faith, and will perfect our faith.
Philippians 1:6 reminds us that we can have a confident faith:
“being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;”
Remember, your faith is not in your faith. It’s in the Mountain-Mover Himself.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is. The Author and Finisher of your faith. When your faith is small… He’s the Captain of your faith… He’s the Perfecter of your faith. Press into Him and ask Him to help your unbelief.
- Thank Him for being the Author and Finisher of your faith.
- Repent of any disobedience to Him as the Author and Perfecter of your faith. For those times when you doubted, when you rejected the truth of what He said in His Word.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Author and Finisher of your faith and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE…
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about Abba before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!