And He said to them, “Can you make the friends of the bridegroom fast while the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them; then they will fast in those days.”
WHAT IT MEANS…
Jesus refers to Himself as the http://preferredmode.com/tag/reflective-coating/ Bridegroom in Luke 5:34-35, Mark 2:19-20 and in John 3:29, John the Baptist calls Himself the friend of the Nerja Bridegroom.
It comes from the Greek word nymphios meaning recently married man or man who is soon to be married.
Throughout Scripture, marriage is used to picture the relationship between God and the nation of Israel as well as Jesus and His relationship with the Church, referring to believers as His bride.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
I’d know his voice anywhere. And his hands. You could line him up with 100 other men behind a curtain with only their hands showing, and I’d pick out Donald’s hands every time.
I know he’s not perfect. He has flaws just like I do. He doesn’t always say or do the right thing. Then again, neither do I.
But he’s mine and I’m his… for life.
We’ve been in a lifetime covenant love-relationship with each other from the day we said, I do.
Each and every one of us who have said the eternal I do to Jesus are in a never-ending covenant relationship with Him. It’s a love-relationship. We are His bride and His love for His bride is perfect, eternal, unconditional, faithful, fervent, and relentless.
There’s nothing we could do to make Him love us less. There’s nothing we can do to make Him love us more.
He sees your flaws and loves eternally anyway. He knows every bad thought you’ve ever had and every bad thing you’ve ever done. Yet, He loves you in spite of it all.
He loves you with a perfect love because He defines love by His very being.
One day, Jesus is coming back for His bride. One day, we will gather together at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. One day, you will understand how perfectly and completely you are loved by the very One who spoke this world into being.
And like a bride on her wedding day, you will be captivated by the way your Bridegroom gazes upon you like you are the only one in the room.
He is yours and you are His and nothing you are going through right now can change that. And when you see Him face to face, nothing you are going through right now will matter.
Take heart, sweet friend, your Bridegroom loves His bride no matter what.
You don’t have to try to impress Him. You simply have to rest in the fact that He loves you. He is with you. And He is for you. Today. Right now. In your biggest place of need.
And He promises to come and get His bride one day soon.
Until then, know that you are His and He is yours…for eternity.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is. The Bridegroom. The One Whom we are betrothed too for eternity because of what Jesus did on the cross.
- Thank Him for being the Bridegroom. The One who loves you no matter what!
- Repent of any disobedience to or disregard of the Bridegroom.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Bridegroom and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE…
Read the following passages of Scripture to find out more about Jesus as our Bridegroom and the way the marriage relationship is a picture of God and the children of Israel and Christ and the Church.
Read this article to give you more understanding about Jesus as our Bridegroom.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Bridegroom before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!