“Then Paul said, ‘John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance,
saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.’”
Acts 19:4 (NKJV)
WHAT IT MEANS…
Christ is our English translation from the Greek word Christos meaning Anointed One. It is found over 560 times in the New Testament and is used as an epithet (descriptive destination) in conjunction with Jesus.
Jesus comes from the Hebrew name Iēsous which means YHWH is Salvation.
Christ connected with Jesus is the Anointed One, YHWH is Salvation.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Have you ever wondered why sometimes in Scripture you see the name Christ Jesus and other times you see Jesus Christ?
Because Christ is the Anointed One, it references His Divine name. Jesus, however, is His human name reminding sinful man that we needed a Savior and Jesus came to be YHWH our Salvation.
YHWH means He Is Who He Is. He Will Be Who He Will Be.
The Anointed One…He Is our Salvation.
He was Anointed for the work that only He could do. He alone had the power and the authority to save mankind from the ultimate fate of an unredeemed life.
Wrapping our minds around the reality that God would love us so much that He would send His only Son to die for us so that we could be saved and spend eternity with Him is far beyond our human ability to comprehend the greatness and the unfathomable love of God.
But that’s exactly what He did.
You may feel as though you’re insignificant in this great big world. But Christ Jesus, the Anointed One who is your Salvation.
There is no greater love! You can’t be more significant than the God who created you loving you so much that He’d send His Son to die the death you deserved to die and pay the punishment you deserved to pay.
Christ Jesus, who knows the worst about you, loves you the most.
Take some time today to thank you for seeing who you are, loving you in spite of your sin, and saving your soul.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is the Christ Jesus. The Anointed Savior who came to save us from our sin and from our self.
- Thank Him for being the Christ Jesus and call upon Him to be the Christ Jesus of your life.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of Christ Jesus.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Christ Jesus and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
Read through the various verses at blueletterbible.org and discover how often Christ Jesus is used and how powerful it is.
Read the various versions of some of the verses at biblegateway.com where you find Christ Jesus and discover how rich that name is.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Christ before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!