“He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.”
WHAT IT MEANS…
Buckler is the Old Testament word magen. It means shield or defense. Shields were generally portable. Some covered the whole body. All covered vital organs.
The Lord is our Buckler. Our Defense. The One who shields us in the battle no matter where we are or what kind of artillery is being fired our way.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Do you ever feel like you’re in a battle that just never seems to end? Or like you’re so tired of the struggle that you’re not strong enough to fight another day?
I think we’ve all felt like that. Maybe you feel like that now.
where to buy dapoxetine online Perhaps like me, you don’t want to admit you can’t do it alone. You want to be strong and handle everything life throws your way. Anything less might mean you’re weak.
buy Pregabalin uk But that’s not true.
David was a relentless warrior. He conquered armies and defeated his foes. He was strong, brave, bold, and daring.
David was a lot of things, but weak wasn’t one of them.
But he was also knew that he couldn’t do it alone. He understood that sometimes, he was simply too weary to wage another war…too tired to stand up and fight.
When you read Psalm 91, you find David’s song of praise to God for all He had done to shield David from harm and defend him from his enemies.
David knew it was okay to admit that He needed the Lord to be his Shield and Defense.
In Psalm 18:30, David knew through his own experience that God was a Shield (Buckler) to all who trust in Him.
David understood it wasn’t about how strong he was, it was about trusting the One who is stronger than all.
In Psalm 35:1-3, David wasn’t ashamed to ask the Lord to stand up and fight for him… to be his Shield and Buckler.
Our Buckler is mobile. He goes with us wherever we go, defending us every step of the way.
Today, sweet friend, whatever it is you’re going through, you don’t have to defend yourself. Ask the Lord to be who He says He is… your Buckler.
Don’t wear yourself out trying to defend yourself, when God is your Shield.
Just rest in the reality that He is who He is and He’s got this thing. More importantly, He’s got you!
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is. Your Buckler. The One who guards you, protects you and defends you wherever you are.
- Thank Him for being your Buckler. For those times when He has shielded you from harm…even those times you when you had no idea you were even in danger.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of your Buckler.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Buckler and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
Click this link to blueletterbible.org and look up the various passages where the Lord is called our Buckler.
Click this link to blueletterbible.org and notice the various ways the original word magen is used.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Buckler before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!