“We preach Christ (the Messiah) crucified, [preaching which]
to the Jews is a scandal and an offensive stumbling block [that springs a snare or trap], and to the Gentiles it is absurd and utterly unphilosophical nonsense. But to those who are called, whether Jew or Greek (Gentile), Christ [is] the Power of God and the Wisdom of God.”
1 Corinthians 1:23-24 (AMPLIED CLASSIC)
WHAT IT MEANS…
buy generic Ivermectin Christ is our English translation from the Greek word http://newbeginningadultcare.com/5-awkward-dilemmas-the-church-needs-to-check-out/ Christos meaning Danvers Anointed One. It is found over 560 times in the New Testament and is used as an epithet (descriptive destination) in conjunction with Jesus.
Power comes from the Greek word dunamai meaning power, force, miraculous power, strength, mighty work, virtue.
Wisdom comes from the word Sophia meaning supreme intelligence, knowledge, understanding, and insight.
Christ is the Power and Wisdom of God who came in the flesh. He was and is the expressed image of God representing among all other things God is, the very Power and Wisdom of God.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Have you ever felt like you didn’t know what to do, how to handle a certain situation, or like you were powerless to do anything about what was happening before your very eyes?
Life has a way of throwing us curve balls and battering us with storms. Decisions we don’t want to mess up. Storms we just want to get through.
We google for answers and turn to well-meaning friends for advice. For some reason, the place we really should go for help first seems to be the place we turn to last.
We need to turn to Jesus…the One who is the Power and Wisdom of God for our answer.
He alone knows and understands exactly what you need and when you need it. He alone has the power to give you that breakthrough and send that miracle your way at just the right time in just the right way.
Don’t waste your time and energy seeking answers from sources that can’t fix your life.
Reach out to Christ, the Power and the Wisdom of God, today. And then wait for Him to show up in a way that will be so obviously Him, it’ll leave you speechless and He will get all the praise.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is the Christ the Power and Wisdom of God.
- Thank Him for being the Christ the Power and Wisdom of God and call upon Him to be the Christ the Power and Wisdom of God of your life.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of Christ the Power and Wisdom of God .
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Christ the Power and Wisdom of God and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Christ the Power and Wisdom of God before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!
1 Corinthians 1:23-24