“But when the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby) comes, whom I will send to you from the Father,
that is the Spirit of Truth who comes from the Father,
He will testify and bear witness about Me.”
John 15:26 (AMP)
WHAT IT MEANS…
buy Lyrica online from mexico Comforter comes from the Greek word http://servuclean.com/category/janitorial-service/page/4/ paraklētos which means North Bergen Helper, Advocate, Pleader, Succourer.
It is a name attributed to the Holy Spirit who, after the resurrection of Christ, came at Pentecost, to dwell within believers to lead, guide, teach, help, direct, protect, and to convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment to come. (John 16:8)
The original word, paraklētos, is used for Jesus 1 John 2:1 and translated as Advocate.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
My throat ached closed and I couldn’t catch my breath. The tears welled up in my eyes but they seemed to stay stuck there, refusing to flow. Clutching my chest, mentally collapsing but determined to stand.
This wasn’t the first time my whole being trembled over life’s unexpected onslaught of pain.
There was the time when I received the call that my dad had died. It was like I had been sucker punched and couldn’t catch my breath. A deep, hard agony brought me to my knees. This time the tears came streaming down my face, fast, like a faucet had just been turned on. He was gone. And nothing was the same.
Then there was the time when my heart was flooded with memories of a decade of sexual abuse. The pain was unbearable. I grieved my lost innocence over and over again. The ache was a deep, to the core kind of ache that I didn’t understand and didn’t know how to handle.
And then there’s been (and there still is) the personal kind of gaping pain about things that I can’t share in a blog post… but the pain was unbearable. The kind that, out of no where, you find yourself weeping profusely, wailing as if your voice can reach heaven. Knowing that it does. Wondering why God hasn’t answered yet. It just wells up and you can’t stop it from ripping your soul apart and leaving you in a million pieces.
There are a million and one painful places in this journey called life. Places that only the Living God can reach.
We can comfort one another in our grief and despair. We can be a shoulder to lean on and a heart that will listen. We are even called to do that for one another.
But there is no comfort that can alter the human heart like the comfort the Comforter gives us.
Today, your heart may ache. But if you will turn the Comforter, He will live up to His name.
He alone can give your heart rest from the wrestling that you can’t seem to stop.
Call upon the Comforter today, to be who He is and do what He does.
You won’t find the kind of peace, rest, or comfort that alters your heart and mind until you do.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is the Comforter.
- Thank Him for being the Comforter and call upon Him to be the Comforter of your life.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of the Comforter.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Comforter and worship Him for who He is.
If you can’t view this in your reader, please click this link.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
Read through the various time Comforter is used in Scripture at blueletterbible.org. They are primarily used for the Holy Spirit with one occurrence used in reference to Jesus.
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Comforter before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!