“Therefore understand today that the Lord your God is He who goes over before you as a consuming fire. He will destroy them and bring them down before you; so you shall drive them out and destroy them quickly, as the Lord has said to you.”
Deuteronomy 9:3 (NKJV)
WHAT IT MEANS…
The name where can i buy ivermectin Consuming Fire is a vivid description of the Living God. Used several times in the Old Testament and only once in the New Testament.
Exodus 24:17, Deuteronomy 4:24, Deuteronomy 9:3, Isaiah 33:14, Hebrews 12:29
The Old Testament name is Pitsea âkal (Consuming, Devouring), ‘esh (Fire, Flame)
The New Testament name is katanaliskō (Consuming), pyr (Fire)
Each time the name Consuming Fire is used for the Lord, it is a reminder that God is the only One worthy of our worship and praise. He’s a jealous God and does not take the worship of false gods or the rebellion of His children lightly.
God is a Consuming Fire. He is worthy of our respect, reverence, devotion and love.
HOW IT APPLIES TO OUR LIVES…
Have you noticed how casual people are about the Lord these days? They show little or no respect for the very One who gives them breath.
Jesus isn’t anyone’s homeboy. He’s not a mere mention or a passion thought. God’s name isn’t to be used lightly or in vain.
He is the Creator and Sustainer of all that exists. He spoke and worlds came into place. He breathed the breath of life into man and He gives each and every one of us each breath we will ever take.
He deserves reverence and respect. He deserves devotion from grateful hearts, not disrespect from rebellious souls. He deserves a people who are fervent in faith and passionate for His glory.
There is a severity of God we don’t hear much about anymore. The reality that God is holy and must just sin isn’t preached in many pulpits and it certainly isn’t popular in this pop culture of ours.
God is not to be mocked. Hebrews 10:31 tells us, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”
But the same God who will judge us all is the very One who loved us so much that He sent His only Son to make us way so that we would receive mercy instead of judgement.
He is also the same Consuming Fire who is passionate about His people. In Deuteronomy 9:3, we find God moving against those who had opposed His people and essentially opposed Him.
Sometimes, we need to remember how holy God is. Sometimes we need to stop taking God so lightly and be more devoted and more grateful for who He is and all He has done.
We need to remember He is the Consuming Fire who also will ultimately judge those who oppose Him and bring harm to His people.
Let the Consuming Fire consume you and set your heart ablaze for Him today.
HOW WE CAN PAUSE TO WORSHIP HIM TODAY…
- Praise Him for who He is the Consuming Fire.
- Thank Him for being the Consuming Fire and call upon Him to be the Consuming Fire of your life.
- Confess and repent of any disobedience to or disregard of Consuming Fire.
- And just take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song. Allow yourself to bask in the beauty of knowing the Consuming Fire and worship Him for who He is.
HOW WE CAN FIND OUT MORE
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP DIVE DEEPER:
- Create a “Knowing God More” Journal. Write out what you learn & how God speaks to you.
- Write each name on a 3 X 5 and meditate on them throughout the day.
- Contemplate the significance of the name or title in context.
- How does that name or title relate to you?
- How can you honor Him more as ______________?
- In what areas have you seen Him be ______________ in your life?
- How can you pray to Him by this specific name or title?
- How can you pray His specific names or titles over your husband, your children or those you know and love?
- Use a Bible Dictionary and Commentaries to help deepen your level of understanding.
What did you know about the Consuming Fire before today? How has this helped you know Him more?
Thanks for joining me in this journey to know Him more!!! Please be sure to share any comments or questions you might have!